You must unlearn what you have learnedIn my seven years of genealogy research, I have unfortunately learned to cut a few corners and I have developed a few disorganised research habits!!
My new organisation goals involve starting again from the beginning. This time I hope I might be able be a little more organised and thorough with my source citations and evidence analysis!
Over the next weeks my goals are to:
- read some basic beginners guides to Genealogy and Family History - online and offline. I will share and discuss on this blog the beginners guides that I find the most helpful and interesting.
- organise a new Family History folder arrangement on my computer hard drive - and share my ideas!
- set up template spreadsheets to record all research and correspondence - I will share my template ideas here and discuss some of the places I found the inspiration for them.
- start my new Legacy file with the basic information about myself and my immediate family. I hope to re-familiarise myself with the features of the software - data entry, reports, charts, searching, sorting, sources and source citation.
My next blog posts will be as follows:
- Beginners Guides to Genealogy & Family History Research
- Hard drive organisation for Genealogists and Family Historians
- Research Logs in Family History Research
Copyright © 2010 Australian Genealogy Journeys