Monday, July 1, 2013

Motivation Monday - Goals for July 2013

My goals for June 2013 were:
  1. Correct the text of more articles tagged at Trove. I will aim to correct at least another 500-1000 lines of text during June. (Goals for 2013 Research and 'Giving Back' Goal). Not achieved. I was a little too ambitious with my Trove text correction goals this month. I will have to aim for about 100 lines of text instead. 
  2. Continue extracting data from at least another 20 source documents during June for my Fullerton family history writing project (a continuation of February's Family History Writing Challenge) (Goals for 2013 Writing Goal) Achieved. 
  3. Tag my photographs for at least one year (I will start with 1990) with keywords for names, locations, events etc. Delete any duplicate photographs. (Goals for 2013 Organisation Goal). Achieved. During June I tagged my photograph collections for the years 1989 and 1990. 
  4. Begin my new family history database as a Project in Family Historian 5. (Goals for 2013  Organisation Goal). Not achieved
  5.  Photograph all my Port Phillip Pioneers Group newsletters and my Genealogical Society of Victoria Irish Ancestry Group 'Blarney' newsletters. This will be the beginning of my goal to reduce paper and declutter my magazine collections. (Goals for 2013  Organisation Goal) Achieved. Thank you very much to a reader of this blog who kindly sent me some copies of 'Blarney' she already had in digital form. This was really appreciated. I have also started my digital collection of the Genealogical Society of Victoria journal Ancestor. I have saved PDF copies of issues of Ancestor dating from December 2010 until June 2013...and I didn't have to scan my own copies! If you are a member of the Genealogical Society of Victoria (GSV) log in to the 'Members Area' page at the GSV web site and select the 'Ancestor Journal Search' link. Select the issue of Ancestor you want and you will be taken to a 'page turnable file' of that issue. On the blue navigation bar below the 'page turnable file' click the floppy disk icon ('Save Pages' or in some cases 'Download'). This option allows you to download the whole of your selected issue of Ancestor as a PDF file. 
  6. Post an updated genetic genealogy journey post to this blog. (Goals for 2013 Research and Writing Goal). Not achieved. I will have to do this during July. 
My goals for July 2013 are:

  1. Sorting and Scanning. I'm putting aside most other goals to concentrate on sorting and scanning during July. (Goals for 2013 Organisation Goal). 
  2. Post an updated genetic genealogy journey post to this blog. (Goals for 2013 Research and Writing Goal). 
Creative Commons License  2013. Australian Genealogy Journeys by Aillin O'Brien is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License.Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ausgenjourneys.blogspot.com.au/p/copyright-terms.html

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Aillin, on being listed in the top 50 blogs in Inside History Magazine...

    http://www.insidehistory.com.au/2013/07/50-genealogy-blogs-you-need-to-read/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crissouli. What an honour to be listed with all those great blogs, thanks for letting me know. :-)

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...