|Image from http://office.microsoft.com|
Each month I also hope to write a 'Follow Friday' post listing some of the blog posts that I have enjoyed reading during that month. I would like to do this as an alternative to blog awards, as a way of acknowledging and appreciating the effort and creativity of other genealogy bloggers.
Some blogs I have enjoyed reading during February 2013:
- The February Photo Collage Festival posts from Family History Across the Seas, Finding Eliza, Anglers Rest, Sandra's Ancestral Research Journal, Family Tree Frog, Unfinished Untitled, Genealogy Your Way
- The many posts from the 3rd Unlock the Past Cruise: Geniaus, From Helen V. Smith's Keyboard, Lonetester HQ, Diary of an Australian Genealogist, Strong Foundations, Mad About Genealogy, Louis Kessler's Behold Blog, Pear Tree Cottage.
- Family History Through the Alphabet posts from Julie at GenBlog.
- Boobook's Backtracking blog, including the post Trove Tuesday: In which Pyramid Hill celebrates. Boobook has family history in many of the same areas of Victoria as I do, so I find her blog very interesting, particularly her old collection of photographs.
- Genealogical Proof Standard Intro, Step 1, Step 2, Step 3, Step 4 and Step 5. The Genealogical Proof Standard is something I often hear mentioned but admittedly don't know much about. I would like to know more about it and Michele at Ancestoring's Ask A Genealogist has produced a useful introductory blog series.
- The Autosomal Me - Unravelling Minority Admixture, The Autosomal Me - The Ancestors Speak, The Autosomal Me - Who Am I? This is an ongoing series at Roberta Estes' DNAeXplained - Genetic Genealogy blog discussing using Autosomal DNA tests to unravel mysteries of minority heritage.
- The Legal Genealogist - Microsoft clip art on your blog? I always try to be cautious regarding copyright and knowing that I can legally use Microsoft clip art is a big help. Thanks to Judy at The Legal Genealogist blog.