Saturday, February 23, 2013

February Photo Collage - Day 23 - De Renzie Fullerton

 
This post is for day 23 of the February Photo Collage Festival. I am moving on to other branches of the Fullerton family tree now. Today's photograph from my February Photo Collage shows De Renzie Percival Fullerton (1884-1943), the son of James Fullerton (1843-1889) and Agnes Fullerton (nee Ord) (1846-1908).

Photographer: Unknown.
Location of Original: I scanned this from a copy of this photograph held by J. & R. Fullerton (Many thanks)
Date: I would guesstimate that this photograph dates from the 1900s or 1910s.

You may have noticed I missed Days 20, 21 and 22. The photographs from those days are as follows.
Day 20 - The 1940 wedding of Jack, son of Euphemia Mary Fullerton.
Day 21 - F. L. Fullerton, son of De Renzie Percival Fullerton. Served in Europe in the RAAF (Royal Australian Air Force) during World War II.
Day 22 - G.J.D. Fullerton, son of De Renzie Percival Fullerton.
The three photographs mentioned above for days 20, 21 and 22 are featured in my February Photo Collage.
Creative Commons License © 2013. Australian Genealogy Journeys by Aillin O'Brien is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License.Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ausgenjourneys.blogspot.com.au/p/copyright-terms.html.

2 comments:

  1. I'd guess his unusual name would make for easier sleuthing Aillin ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it certainly does! I think I've figured out now where the name comes from. The DeRenzy family are descendants of a German immigrant to Ireland in the early 1600s. I don't believe my Fullertons are related to that family at all. My theory is that De Renzie Percival was named after an actual DeRenzy family descendant (DeRenzy Percy Brett Wilson) who worked with James Fullerton on Bangate Station, NSW. I speculate that maybe DeRenzy Percy Brett Wilson saved James from a flooded river or an angry bull or something and so James named his son after him (now I'm really using my imagination but sometimes finding the answers can require some creative thinking!).

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...