Saturday, January 26, 2013

Australia Day 2013 - Earliest Australian Ancestors

Happy Australia Day everyone!

Helen from From Helen V Smith's Keyboard has created the 2013 Australia Day Challenge. The challenge is as follows:
...tell the story of your first Australian ancestors. To make it fair to both the male and female sides of your heritage why not make it two stories? One each on the earliest ancestor on each side? 
I have left it a little late to prepare a detailed post this time. However, I will link to some previous posts on this blog about my earliest Australian ancestors.

My earliest Australian ancestors on my Dad's side of the family are my 3 x Great Grandparents, William Fullerton and Mary (nee Dunne) Fullerton who arrived in Melbourne, Victoria, as assisted immigrants on the Himalaya in 1840. I have already written a lot about the Fullertons on this blog in the past, including the following posts:
My earliest Australian ancestors on my Mum's side of the family are my 3 x Great Grandparents Edward Randall and Mary Ann (nee Brown) Randall.  Edward, Mary Ann and six children arrived in Adelaide, South Australia on the Princess Royal in June 1848. For more information about the Randall family, please see my post R is for Randall - Family History Through the Alphabet.
Creative Commons License © 2013. Australian Genealogy Journeys by Aillin O'Brien is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License.Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ausgenjourneys.blogspot.com.au/p/copyright-terms.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...