Monday, October 15, 2012

W is for Wales - Family History Through the Alphabet - Week 23

Image from Gould Genealogy & History News
This is my contribution to Week 23 of Gould Genealogy's Family History Through the Alphabet challenge. The letter this time is W.

W is for...Wales
Wales, or more specifically, Caernarvonshire, Wales, is where my Ellis and Jones ancestors originated (See also E is for Ellis and J is for Jones). 
 
Here is a map of the locations in Wales relevant to my family history. 



View Australian Genealogy Journeys: Ancestral Locations in Wales in a larger map
Creative Commons License © 2012. Australian Genealogy Journeys by Aillin O'Brien is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License.Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ausgenjourneys.blogspot.com.au/p/copyright-terms.html.

2 comments:

  1. I admire anyone that takes on research in Wales, while I don't have any experiece, the placenames look hard enough to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any luck with your Welsh research? I could use some tips.

    My Jones family also came from Wales. Elias and his father Daniel Jones are a brickwall.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...