Monday, April 2, 2012

Motivation Monday - Goals for April 2012

My goals for March 2012 were as follows: 

  1. Save snapshots (using the Evernote Web Clipper for Google Chrome) of the remaining messages in the 'Sent' folder on Ancestry.com.au. (Achieved) 
  2. Participate in blogging prompts when able (52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy, 21st Century Organized Family Historian and Beyond the Internet). (Did not manage to participate in these blogging prompts during March) 
  3. Actually make a start on my new Legacy file, beginning with myself and working backwards methodically, recording all sources, attaching relevant source documents and attaching photographs. During March, I aim to do this for just my immediate family. (One for April goals I think) 
  4. Continue organising my bookshelves on Google Books. At the time of posting, I have 300 books saved in the 'Favorites' bookshelf. During March I will aim to reduce that number to at least 280. (Achieved. I actually managed to reduce the number of books on my 'Favorites' bookshelf to 150) 
  5. Continue reading Photoshop Elements 10 All-in-One For Dummies. At the moment I am up to page 186, I will aim to read up to page 215 by the end of March. (Achieved. I actually managed to read up to page 286)
My goals for April 2012 are:
  1. Continue organising my bookshelves on Google Books. At the time of posting, I have 150 books saved in the 'Favorites' bookshelf. During April I will aim to reduce that number to 0.
  2. Organise all the items I have previously saved to my 'Shoebox' on Ancestry. At the time of posting I have 763 items saved. I aim to reduce that number to at least 700 during April. 
  3. Continue reading Photoshop Elements 10 All-in-One For Dummies. At the moment I am up to page 286, I will aim to read up to page 340 by the end of April. 
  4. Actually make a start on my new Legacy file, beginning with myself and working backwards methodically, recording all sources, attaching relevant source documents and attaching photographs. During April, I aim to do this for just my immediate family. 
  5. Move a few more genealogy files from my 'To Sort' folder into relevant surname folders on my hard drive. 
  6. Move a few more photographs from my 'To Sort' folder into folders for the relevant year and month.
  7. Participate in blogging prompts when able (52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy, 21st Century Organized Family Historian and Beyond the Internet

Creative Commons License Australian Genealogy Journeys by Aillin O'Brien is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia License.Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://ausgenjourneys.blogspot.com. Clip Art found through Icon Finder

2 comments:

  1. I like your synopsis of research achievements...except where it gives me more ideas about things I could/should be doing. Good luck with April...keep clipping away at the chores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pauleen, I'm hoping I can clean away all the chores so I can get back to enjoying my family research again! I had reached the point where there was just so much I hadn't finished, it was getting a bit stressful. I'll keep clipping away at it, I think I'm making some progress already :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...