Friday, December 30, 2011

My Genealogy Web Footprint - Part 5 - Elsewhere on the web

In this, Part 5 (and last part) of My Genealogy Web Footprint blog post series, I will look at posts I have made to forums, message boards and other pages elsewhere on the web. 


On 7 July 2005 I posted this message on the Stanford in the Vale - Villages Reunited web page: 

Hi, I am tracing my family history. I am interested in the names MATTHEWS, HEADING, HUNSDON and HIGGINS in Stanford in the Vale, Goosey and Hatford. I am also interested in these and other names in other villages around Wantage, and elsewhere in Oxfordshire/Berkshire. I would love to hear from anyone who has an interest in these names. I would also like to hear from anyone who may be able to look at the graveyards in these villages for me. I live in Australia.


Some corrections: I am still interested in the names Matthews, Heading and Hunston in Standford in the Vale and Goosey, but I now doubt that I have any connection to the Higgins family of Hatford. 


I know I posted messages to the Your Family Tree Forum in about 2005/2006. When I first decided to create this blog post series I collected all the URLs including ones for my posts to this forum, however, in the time since my user profile and posts appear to have disappeared.

I have an old profile on Fold3 (formerly Footnote.com) which mentions some of my Gilmore connections in the US. I created this account through an old email address which I can no longer access.


I have a profile on GenealogyWise.


I was featured on the GeniMates blog. 

My interest in the surname Pickis is mentioned on the Norfolk Surnames List.


I contributed a few Wills to the Oxfordshire Family History Society Transcribed Wills collection (these are not all necessarily my relatives). 


As I find any other places across the web where my genealogy interests are mentioned, I will post them here.
Copyright © 2011 Australian Genealogy Journeys.

1 comment:

  1. You've inspired me to siphon up my comments/queries while they're still online. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...