Sunday, April 3, 2011

Someone's Ancestor Sunday - Susan Ellis (nee Hehir) Photo Album - Part 8

Continuing from last week's Someone's Ancestor Sunday post, here is another unidentified photograph taken in Sydney which was found in my Great Great Grandmother's album. Similar to last week's photograph, this photograph is also attributed to Carrington Galleries, Haymarket. Could this man be a brother of the man in last week's photograph?
Photograph of an unknown man from Susan Ellis (nee Hehir) Photo Album.
This photograph is a Carte de visite
, c1880s-1890s. There are no identifying marks on the front or back of the photograph.  The photographic studio's name and address are written at the bottom on the front of the card: 'Carrington./ Galleries:/ 635 George Street, / Haymarket'
Next week I will post another photograph taken by Carrington Galleries. I still have three more Carrington Galleries photographs and two other photographs which appear to feature the same group of young men who are possibly brothers.
Copyright © 2011 Australian Genealogy Journeys.

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember if I've said it before, but I really like your "Someone's Ancestor" idea. I try to drop names of unrelated people with interesting connections to my ancestors in my blog when I can, with the thought that someone might find it one day and learn something about their ancestor they wouldn't know otherwise.

    I just hope that the person who discovers my great-great-aunt as a beneficiary in a will might do the same because I want to know the identity of the mystery man she had an affair with, and who left her a substantial sum of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelley, I love helping other genealogists and, like you say, I hope I may be lucky one day and find another genealogist has mentioned my ancestors :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...