Every family historian comes across thousands of names, documents and photographs during their research. Someone's Ancestor Sunday will allow me to post information I find that might be useful for someone else's research. For example:
- Research and documents related to families which are not directly connected to my own family tree (for example, families with the same surname, neighbours, work associates, people who came to Australia on the same ship as my ancestors etc.)
- 'Lost' photographs that have no names (either those I have in my own possession or those I find elsewhere). I will try to put as much information regarding the provenance of the photographs as I can. I am also a great believer in family resemblances as a clue to genealogy research!
- Documents from my own family history that mention other people.
- Great web sites or sources that could help other researchers find 'stray' ancestors.
- 'Lost' family items (medals, photographs etc.) for sale online as collectables - who knows, maybe someday I will find something from my own family history!?!
|Wedding photograph from The Graphics Fairy blog.|
Copyright © 2011 Australian Genealogy Journeys.